Friday, December 15, 2006

Civic Mindedness

This morning the trains were delayed. I arrived on the platform at 8 am and was surprised to see that the platform was full. Thinking that this may be a temporary glitch, I decided to get into the line. Trains came but was full to the brim at the door and at long intervals so we waited. I think everytime a train came only one or two person could get in at each door thus making the wait a chore...

What made things even worse was that everyone in the train was concentration at the door instead of making their way into the train. From where I stood, I could see that there was still space inside the train, after a few trains passed by without me geting nearer to the door, I decided to ask people to move in further but all they did was give me a stone face.

All of us need to get to work and the least we can do is help each other out but I guess it is to each his own! This is the state of our people...

Usually it take me a mere 20 minutes from platform to platform but today it took me more than an hour...it could have been less if only people thought more of others and less of themselves...but I guess that's life!

No comments: