Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Hometown...

I went back to my hometown recently and spent 5 days of doing nothing but eat, eat and eat. I have always been very proud of the food that is available in my humble Batu Pahat...maybe not so humble anymore but still as charming..

My sister (who lives in Germany), my cousin and I had actually planned a eating travel path for our time back home. Though we have been in KL for a long time and love the food here but nothing like the taste of Batu Pahat.

We started with Glutton Square...as the name says...its for gluttons like us! Had O-Chien (fried oysters with yam and flour with egg mixed in...),yummmyyyyy, fried carrot cake , fried lobak, grilled stingray with sambal, pork satay....wah I tell you it was the bomb! Washed it all down with fruit juice, must still have something healthy....ha ha ha

The next day we had the best wantan mee in the country, so claimed by everybody from Batu Pahat...located in Jalan Jenang (I think)...wah so shiok one! We also had kampung chicken cooked in herbs for dinner...somewhat like confinement food...memories.....

We took it easy the next day with bubur ayam...also I must say, delicious and what did we have for breakfast, apart from home made bread, we had lontong! The lontong in Johor is served with sambal kacang, mmmmm....so nice...

In between we had snacks! Fried goreng pisang and in Johor, it is served with kicap chilli padi, the sweetness from the banana blends so well with the spicy of the chilli padi...explodes in you mouth! Also had apam balik and cream puff from Kim Leng, again the best cream puff inthe country...so delicious.

And to make sure that I bring the taste of Batu Pahat home, I even packed Nasi Briyani...RM4.50 only per pack but so , so sedap (delicious)

If you can see from my writing, I am all mixed up because my mind wants to share all these great food with you.

Until the next great Batu Pahat food adventure!

No comments: